Our Story

Church history...

Formal organization of Trinity Lutheran Church took place on November 8, 1885, under the leadership of Rev. Jacob Hoffman, with almost 20 charter members.  Services then were held every two weeks in the Methodist Church until the first structure was built sometime in 1887.
The first resident pastor to serve Trinity was Rev. H.F. Hensick who was installed on August 1, 1906.
As the membership continued to grow, there was a need to erect a larger house of worship. The new church was dedicated on November 7, 1909 and served the congregation for forty-three years. 
In the 1920's, Trinity joined the Lutheran Church - Missouri Synod.  As was the case with many Lutheran congregations during this era the German language service gave way to services that eventually were offered only in English. 
The 1950's were highlighted by the dedication of the new church building which continues in use to this day. The building was completed in March of 1952.  2,375 people attended one of the three dedication services.
As school enrollment continued to increase the old building became inadequate. The present school building was erected and dedicated in October of 1961.
Trinity celebrated its 125th Anniversary in August of 2010. 
Today members of Trinity continue to seek God's will that includes the spiritual growth of our members and reaching out to those who as yet do not know Him.

school history...

Trinity Lutheran School had it's beginning in 1906 in a small frame one-room schoolhouse one block south of the current church site.  In 1961, the present school was built.  Trinity Lutheran School  is located approximately 3 blocks west of Trinity Lutheran Church.  Since that time, many changes and improvements have been made to keep in step with the changing educational needs of childern.

Be a part of our story...

Join us every Sunday as we gather to worship together a 9:30 am.